The Latest Pali Terrorist Excuse to Start a War

Having run our of new ideas for reasons to start another war with Israel, Pali terrorist leader, Mahmoud Abbas, expressed outrage of the addition of Hebron’s Cave of the Patriarch and Rachel’s Tomb, both significant Jewish sites, to national heritage status. This means they will be allowed additional funding for upkeep and maintenance.
The Muslims, never ones to balk at duplicity, feign indignation at the imagined prospect of being prohibited from praying at these sites if the Israelis run them. Overlooked, however, are how they treat other religions on Temple Mount, where Jews and Christians are prohibited from even appearing to pray. Muslims are almost always duplicitous and guilty of hypocrisy, where other religions are concerned.
Of course Pali terrorist have never really needed a legitimate reason for killing and harming innocent Israelis, but none the less, this latest “outrage” gives them a chance to start another war that will cost the lives of hundreds of innocent people on both sides.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu issued a harsh response on Tuesday evening to a statement made by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas earlier in the day, according to which the decision to award Jewish sites in the West Bank national heritage status could ignite a war in the Middle East.

“It is a dishonest, hypocritical campaign,” read a PMO statement released in response to Abbas’s speech.

Netanyahu stressed that Hebron’s Cave of the Patriarch and Rachel’s Tomb, near Bethlehem, were both “gravesites of the ancestors of the Jewish people” and as such were “certainly deserving of restoration and preservation.”

He added that the Israeli government does all in its power to ensure freedom of religion for members of all faiths.

Earlier on Tuesday, Abbas had told Belgian parliamentarians that Netanyahu’s decision to include Jewish landmarks in the West Bank in the government’s new list of heritage sites was a “severe provocation” that could lead to a new cycle of violence in the region.

Abbas told the ministers that the inclusion of Rachel’s Tomb in Bethlehem and the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron on the list of sites of national importance could ignite a “war of religions.”

He warned that the decision could also bring about a third intifada, adding that Netanyahu’s insistence on making the announcement only a short time after he was asked by US President Barack Obama to take confidence-building measures vis-à-vis the Palestinians.

“We have reached a very critical stage which necessitates an intensive, coordinated international effort. Settlement construction, which kills the peace process and contradicts Israel’s obligations, must be stopped,” he said, going on to refer to existing agreements such as the Road Map for Peace.

He added that the EU and the US each have important parts to play in the peace process, and that any delay in the resumption of talks would make the possibility of peace more remote.

Throughout his speech, Abbas reiterated that the impasse in Middle East peace talks can be attributed only to Israel’s refusal to accept existing agreements, and not to an alleged Palestinian refusal to return to the negotiating table.

Abbas stressed that not every issue was negotiable. If Israel wishes to begin negotiations, he said, it must stop creating facts on the ground by continuing to expand Jewish communities in Palestinian areas and in east Jerusalem.

Meanwhile on Tuesday, as on the previous day, dozens of Palestinians held a demonstration near the Jewish enclave in Hebron in protest of Netanyahu’s decision. The protesters burned tires and hurled rocks at IDF troops stationed in the area, who retorted by using stun grenades.

Original Link.

Leave a Reply

*