Did Man and Dinosaur Lived at the Same Time?

Interesting…
This fossil might just prove it.

Dino and Man Footprint

Dino and Man Footprint

A slab of North Texas limestone is on track to rock the world, with its two imbedded footprints poised to make a huge impression in scientific and religious circles.

The estimated 140-pound stone was recovered in July 2000 from the bank of a creek that feeds the Paluxy River near Glen Rose, Texas, located about 53 miles south of Fort Worth. The find was made just outside Dinosaur Valley State Park, a popular destination for tourists known for its well-preserved dinosaur tracks and other fossils.

The limestone contains two distinct prints โ€“ one of a human footprint and one belonging to a dinosaur. The significance of the cement-hard fossil is that it shows the dinosaur print partially over and intersecting the human print.

In other words, the stoneโ€™s impressions indicate that the human stepped first, the dinosaur second. If proven genuine, the artifact would provide evidence that man and dinosaur roamed the Earth at the same time, according to those associated with the find and with its safekeeping. It could potentially toss out the window many commonly held scientific theories on evolution and the history of the world.

Original Link.

28 Responses to “Did Man and Dinosaur Lived at the Same Time?”

1. Starbix says:

Come on Steve, you’re better than this. This is so very obviously a fake. How many humans do you know of who have rigidly straight tube-like toes that are evenly spaced from each other? And how big is this guy’s big toe? I refer you to an excellent rebuttal of these claims. Right Here

Starbix
    “Don’t Panic.” -Douglas Adams

2. Anonymous says:

that doesn’t look like any human footprint I’ve ever seen…

and also, if humans and dinosaurs co-existed, don’t you think there’d be ALOT more evidence than a single piece of limestone?

3. Steve says:

No worse than believing man came from a pool of goo.

4. Starbix says:

“No worse than believing man came from a pool of goo.”

Uh, no. I assume that you are referring to evolution. It is worse because evolution actually has evidence supporting it while creationism has only logical fallacies and frauds like this.

Starbix
    “Don’t Panic.” -Douglas Adams

5. Steve says:

(sarcasm) Whew Starbix, I’m glad you set us straight on that one. It appears that the gentleman you linked to in your comment above has the only Acrocanthosaurus footprint in existence and these prints at Dinosaur Valley State Park must be fakes as well since they don’t look the same as his. Thanks Starbix, you saved the day!!
    (sarcasm off)

Maybe we should wait and see what other scientist say before we close our minds.

6. Starbix says:

You mean the scientists who will tell you that the earth is, indeed, millions of years old and man did not exist alongside dinosaurs. Or did you mean the crackpots who claim that man and dinosaur were the bestest of friends?

Starbix
    “Don’t Panic.” -Douglas Adams

7. Steve says:

And you call me “closed minded”.

8. Starbix says:

I may be mistaken, but I don’t believe I’ve ever called you “closed minded” at all.

There is a difference between being open-minded and being so open-minded that you’ll believe anything without solid evidence. I have yet to see Creationism or ID provide a single testable, credible shred of evidence. Evolution, on the other hand, has been and continues to be one of the best supported theories we have. I’ll be open-minded about Creationism or ID when they start producing the amount of evidence that evolution has.

Starbix
    “Don’t Panic.” -Douglas Adams

9. StarbixRulesSteveSucks says:

I think that whoever made this article should go right to heck (can’t say other one or no one will see this comment). Oh wait that doesn’t exist. Up yours Steve.

10. StarbixRulesSteveSucks says:

I got one more,

Yo mamma! hahahahahahhahahahaha

11. Steve says:

How mature…NOT!!

12. Greg P says:

To StarbixRulesSteveSucks:

Mama is with one “m”, not two. C’MON!

13. Greg P says:

Hi Steve:

I haven’t been on here for awhile. Hope you’re doing well.

14. Steve says:

Hi Greg!!
    You have been greatly missed!! Welcome back!!

15. Starbix says:

Hey Steve,

Word on the street is that I rule and you suck. ๐Ÿ˜‰

SRSS: I don’t think Steve would ban someone for saying Hell. Most believers think it is a real place therefore there’s no reason for Steve to ban it. It’d be like banning the words “New Jersey”… although I suppose a case could be made for that one. Also, I don’t appreciate people supporting me by using such juvenile rhetoric. I make a point of being civil when I engage people I disagree with, especially when I’m in their house.

Starbix
    “DON’T PANIC.” -Douglas Adams

16. Steve says:

Hi Starbix,
    Yeah, I head the same thing. ๐Ÿ™‚
    At least I can always count on you having some class when you comment.

17. Starbix says:

*scratches his hinder while drinking milk straight out of the carton*

Huh? Oh yeah, class all the way. That’s me!

18. Jordan says:

Please keep us posted on test results from the limestone tablet

19. Nathan says:

The footprint is real but not made by a flesh and blood being.

20. Mitch says:

The original article was published in 2008. I just found it 08-2010 through Google “dinosaur evidence” search / images. Guess the debate you guys were having is just about over? I’m guessing no “conclusive evidence” on this rock yet?

21. Eric says:

The only way you would be able to see the layers as you do here is if the material was dug out. A footprint will depress the layers, not expose them.

Obvous fake.

22. Open minded says:

as for starbixs comment

There is a difference between being open-minded and being so open-minded that youโ€™ll believe anything without solid evidence. I have yet to see Creationism or ID provide a single testable, credible shred of evidence. Evolution, on the other hand, has been and continues to be one of the best supported theories

talk about contradiction, no “evidence” of creationism yet following the “theory” of evolution. nice. more and more scientists now accepting intelligent design.

23. lamanga2004 says:

@ Open minded

You don’t understand what a scientific theory is do you? It is a huge body of evidence that supports a testable hypothesis to the point that said hypothesis becomes as close to the truth as possible. The evidence for evolution is wide, varied, and indisputable. So the ‘fact’ of evolution is true.

Creationism, on the other hand, is nothing more than the literal interpretation of a collection of stories, some of which contradict each other, written over a thousand years ago by people who had no knowledge of science and the universe.

Finally, if you are going to make sweeping statements such as your last: “more and more scientists now accepting intelligent design” then you really do need to provide evidence.

That’s the problem with Creationists and ID supporters. They just believe what they are told or what they read without going and doing the due diligence themselves. In other words – demand evidence, and if none is forthcoming then go and find it yourself. If you find none after searching, then what does that tell you?

24. Jen says:

Seriously, do you people just prey on Christian blogs to rant about this kind of stuff? There are so many points to comment on, but this one sticks out the most….why do you care if Christians believe that God is THE Creator or that dinosaurs and man co-existed? If it’s all just a lie, then why continue to even bother or waste your time and energy proving your ridiculous theory? Unless, there is something within you crying out for more understanding and simply frustrated that evolution theorizes in circles and eventually makes no sense. I, personally, see a lot of issue with someone who claims to have all of the answers, but I know this….Jesus Christ was real and has had more influence than anyone else in the entire world. That fact alone is worth checking into.

25. CassieAnn says:

ALIENS!!!!! IT’S ALL ALIENS I TELL YA!!!!! XD

PS I like Jen’s comment, Jesus is amazing and I love Him!!! He loves me!! And He loves everybody!!!! Because He is our God, the Creator of all the Earth and all those in it. Creator of the Universe! How Amazing is He! Look all around us, look at what we are capable to do as humans. Look at the trees, look at the flowers, look at the bugs, the ocean, the sky, the colors, the complexity of a single human cell and praise God! Creator of all!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ God bless!

26. Rick says:

I am looking for evidence. For either side. Has this been tested by either people who believe its a fake or by an unbiased third party?….if such a thing exists.

27. CoreBreak says:

They need to fabricate “evidence”, because there is enough sane people who don\’t believe in creation. Like 100% scientists and all not religious folk with proper education. I bet this fossil is in some religious (*Christian or other crusader) museum. Not in real HISTORY or ARCHEOLOGY museum. But this works for Americans, not for Europeans. Europeans are smerter.

28. PoonDragoon says:

An Acrocanthosaurus Footprint. A real one, that is. Whatever the image at the top claims to be, it sure ain’t a dinosaur footprint.