Archive for January 4th, 2006

Israeli PM Ariel Sharon Rushed to Hospital

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006

I think Sharon should stop making speeches about giving up parts of Jerusalem (or better yet, stop even considering to give up parts of it) to the pali’s. Every time he does, he has a stoke in the days following it. Sharon, live and learn, or learn and live as the case might me.

JERUSALEM — Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was rushed to a hospital late Wednesday after feeling ill, his office said.
Israeli media reported that he apparently suffered a second
stroke. The announcement said he was taken to Jerusalem’s Hadassah Hospital, where he was scheduled to undergo a heart procedure Thursday to close a hole that contributed to his Dec. 18 stroke.
Israeli media and the Israeli rescue service said Sharon was taken to Soroka Hospital in Beersheba, not far from his ranch, where he was resting before the Thursday procedure.

Update:
Wednesday, January 4th, 1900 CST:
Fox News is reporting the following:

Israeli PM Ariel Sharon Suffers ‘Significant’ Stroke

JERUSALEM — Prime Minister Ariel Sharon suffered a massive, life-threatening stroke Wednesday and underwent lengthy surgery to drain blood from his brain after falling ill at his ranch. Powers were transferred to his deputy, Ehud Olmert.
Doctors placed Sharon on a respirator and were trying to save his life only hours before the hard-charging, overweight, 77-year-old Israeli leader had been scheduled to undergo a procedure to seal a hole in his heart that contributed to a mild stroke on Dec. 18.


Read the rest here.

Mecca Conference Criticized for Hypocrisy on Holy Site Destruction

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006

More hypocrisy from the RoP (religion of peace aka islam). Of course, what does one expect from the religion who says there was mosque present on Temple Mount since Adam? They also say that Adam was 90 feet tall and the sun sets in a pool of muddy water just over the horizon. Yeah, let’s give these folks a lot merit…NOT!!

(CNSNews.com) – Leaders of a recent conference in Mecca, which emphasized the safeguarding of historic and holy Islamic sites in Jerusalem, are being criticized for turning a blind eye to the reported destruction of such sites in Saudi Arabia. Their statements condemning terrorism have also been criticized. Representatives of 57 countries, including the prime minister of Malaysia and King Abdullah Ibn Abdulaziz, who holds the title “Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques,” attended the Organization of the Islamic Conference, which held its summit Dec. 7-8 in Mecca. The summit was convened to address “internal and external threats” facing the wider Muslim community — or “Ummah” — in the 21st century.
The OIC was founded in Morocco on Sept. 25, 1969, following an arson attack against the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem on Aug. 21 of that year. Moral outrage over what the OIC still calls a “Zionist” attack has been an organizing principle of the conference ever since, even though the perpetrator of the arson turned out to be a deranged Australian tourist who belonged to a Christian sect. While the December summit tackled diverse issues such as poverty, disaster relief and terrorism, a uniting theme was concern for the safety and state of historic Islamic sites in Al-Quds (Jerusalem), including the Al-Aqsa Mosque. Documents issued by the conference indicated that member states should make contributions to “preserve the holy sites in the city of Al-Quds” and “safeguard the sacred city’s cultural and historic landmarks and Arab-Islamic identity.” The documents cited the need to counter “the judaization of the Holy City.” A statement released by the OIC Secretary General Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu warned of “illegal Israeli practices” and “aggressions” that aim to alter “historic landmarks.” In a report issued the month before the conference, the secretary expressed “grave concern” over the “deteriorating condition of religious and historical sites” in Jerusalem due to “Israeli practices” such as excavations and the building of the separation wall. The OIC should “spare no effort to preserve the Islamic historical and religious identity of Al-Quds Al-Sharif,” wrote Ihsanoglu.OIC leaders also cited the need to counter the “desecration of Islamic holy sites.” “It is very ironic,” said Ali Al-Ahmed, director of the Washington-based Institute for Gulf Affairs. “The same place where they had their meeting, not one mile away, there are Islamic landmarks much more important in Islamic history than all Islamic landmarks in Jerusalem, that are being destroyed.” Prophet Mohammed’s childhood home set to be demolishedAl-Ahmed, a Saudi scholar and expert on Saudi political affairs, estimates that the majority of Islamic landmarks in Saudi Arabia have already been destroyed. Islamic architecture expert Sami Angawi told media earlier this year that at least 300 historical buildings have been leveled in Mecca and Medina over the past 50 years. “A telling example is the house where the Prophet Mohammed was born and [another] house he lived in until he was 29 are going to be demolished,” Al-Ahmed said. Also destroyed was the 18th -century Ottoman-era Ajyad Fort. “They destroyed it at night. They blew up the hill where the fort was situated to make room for hotels,” Al-Ahmed said.

Read the rest of the article here.

‘Iran combing Europe for nuke parts’

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006

More information concerning the ever growing threat of a nuclear Iran to the world, especially for the Israel and the United States.

A confidential intelligence report says that Iran’s government has combed Europe for parts to build both nuclear bombs and ballistic missiles, a British newspaper said Wednesday.
The 55-page assessment, which draws on material from Western intelligence agencies, offers names and locations of suspected players in the global trade in components needed to build weapons of mass destruction, the Guardian newspaper said in a front-page report.
“In addition to sensitive goods, Iran continues intensively to seek the technology and know-how for military applications of all kinds,” the Guardian quoted the report as saying.
The report – based on data obtained by British, French, German and Belgian agencies – also concluded that Syria and Pakistan have been scouring the marketplace for technology and chemicals needed to enrich uranium and develop rocket programs. Russia’s role in the escalating arms build up in the Middle East also is outlined, as is the role of Chinese companies supplying North Korea’s program.
The assessment – dated July 1, 2005 – is seen as a warning to European Union governments, which have been struggling to curtail the spread of nuclear weapons.
It also will add fuel to critics who believe Iran wants to develop a nuclear arsenal and are skeptical of Iran’s claims that its nuclear programs are aimed only at power generation.
The Guardian report came one day after Iran told the UN nuclear watchdog agency that it plans to resume nuclear fuel research after a 2-and-a-half-year hiatus.
The deputy head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, Mohammad Saeedi, said Tuesday the research would “resume in cooperation and coordination,” with the UN nuclear agency, but he declined to offer specifics on what the research would entail.
Tehran says it remains determined to resume uranium enrichment, a process that can produce fuel for nuclear weapons.
Iran had suspended parts of its nuclear fuel program in 2003 during negotiations with Britain, France and Germany. The talks broke down in August after Iran resumed uranium-reprocessing activities in Isfahan in central Iran. Such activities are the step before enrichment.
Though Iran and the big three powers resumed negotiations last month, the talks have so far failed to resolve the dispute. Further discussions are scheduled for later this month.

Your Light Has Come

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006

Isaiah 60:1-3 New International Version (NIV)

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.
See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you.
Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.

Taliban Behead Teacher for Educating Girls

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006

More news from the RoP (religion of peace aka islam) and their cronies the taliban. Yup, these loosers are still around. Check out the latest.

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — Taliban militants beheaded a teacher in a central Afghan town while his wife and eight children watched, officials said Wednesday, describing the latest in a string of attacks targeting educators at schools where girls study.
Four men stabbed
Malim Abdul Habib eight times late Tuesday before decapitating him in the courtyard of his home in Qalat, said Ali Khail, a spokesman for the provincial government of Zabul, where the attack took place.
The assailants made Habib’s wife, four sons and four daughters watch, Khail said. His children were between the ages of 2 and 22. No other family members were hurt.
The insurgents killed Habib, 45, after he refused to go with them to meet their commander, said the victim’s cousin, Esanullah, who goes by only one name.
The attackers fled and Habib’s wife called the police, Khail said. Police are questioning three people who were guests in the victim’s home at the time.
Habib was the headmaster of Shaikh Mathi Baba high school, which is attended by 1,300 boys and girls.
Zabul, a remote and mountainous province populated mainly by Pashtuns and bordering Pakistan, is a hotbed of Taliban militancy. The former Taliban regime prohibited girls from attending school as part of its widely criticized drive to establish what it considered a “pure” Islamic state.

Read the rest from Fox News here.

Film Critic, Michael Medved, Comments on Steven Spielberg’s Movie “Munich”

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006

Read this interesting re-post of Michael Medved’s review of the upcoming Steven Spielberg movie “Munich”, a movie about the response to the murder of 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics, from Crosswalk.com.

Spielberg Pushes Moral Equivalency
Michael Medved
Beyond the News
January 3, 2005

It’s been 45 years since Hollywood released a major motion picture about Israel, so considerable anticipation surrounded Steven Spielberg’s new project about the response to the murder of 11 Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics.
Unfortunately, his skillfully crafted but deeply misleading film, “Munich,” spends nearly all its time depicting Palestinians as victims and Israelis as implacable killers—the terrorist slaughter that inspired the events of the movie is shown only in brief, confusing flashbacks at the very end of the film.
The entire theme of the project stresses moral equivalence—suggesting there’s no difference between those who commit terrorism, and those who fight terrorists. While the U.S. and Israel try to defend themselves against suicidal Islamic fanatics, Hollywood shows startling sympathy for our enemies—not only in “Munich,” but also in George Clooney’s “Syriana,” where all the Americans are corrupt and arrogant and Muslim homicide bombers are totally sympathetic.

Jesus figures recovered – burning Party Thwarted

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006

This is just sick. These teens need some serious mental help. Some serious discipline. Maybe even stable homes. I say throw the book at them, but then I tend to be heavyhanded. Mostly, they need Jesus and his forgiveness.

SAYREVILLE — Four teenagers charged yesterday in the destruction of a 15-foot crucifix at a borough cemetery and the theft of more than 25 infant Jesus figures from manger scenes “wanted to see the baby Jesuses burn,” police said.
Police were still digging for information yesterday, but two of the suspects told them they did it out of boredom.”They were looking for things to do. They told us, “We were going to have a baby-Jesus-burning party,’ ” said Detective Ken Kelly of the Sayreville Police Department. “The reason they picked (the Jesus figures) was because they looked real.
“He recalled another statement by one of the suspects: “We just wanted to see their heads burning.”
All live in the same section of Old Bridge, an enclave of ranch and split-level homes between Route 9 and Cheesequake State Park.
Taken into custody at their homes yesterday were Christopher Olson, 18, of Athens Avenue; Michael Payne, 19, of Maple Avenue; Nicholas Hess, 18, of Spring Hill Road and a 15-year-old boy.
They were charged with theft, criminal mischief, destruction of venerated objects and conspiracy. The worst of the charges is a third-degree offense that carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison, Kelly said.
The juvenile, whose name was not released because of his age, was turned over to his parents. Bail for the three young men was set at $25,000 each.
A motive of bias, considered earlier by police, has been ruled out by the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office because it did not meet the criteria under the criminal statute, Kelly said.
A break in the case led detectives to an unregistered Mercury Sable parked in the driveway of Olson’s home loaded with the stolen Jesus figures, Kelly said.

Read the rest here.

Miner miracle turns to tragedy

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006

Please join me in praying for the families of the lost miners.

What was proclaimed across America as a miracle in Tallmansville, W.Va., with the announcement of 12 trapped miners found alive turned to shock and disgust with new information indicating that 12 miners had actually died, with just one man surviving the 41-hour ordeal.
“Everybody is stunned and sickened to their stomach. We feel like we’ve been lied to” one relative at the scene, Sam Lance, told CNN. “I thought I was going to pass out. This is probably the most horrible thing that has happened to me in my lifetime.”
“How could this be broadcast all over the country?” asked another. “To rip someone’s heart out. It’s awful.”
“The initial report from the rescue team to the command center indicated multiple survivors,” Ben Hatfield, president International Coal Group, said during a news conference to explain the horrific error. “That information spread like wildfire, because it had come from the command center. It quickly got out of control.”
“We were devastated,” Hatfield added. “It’s beyond belief. Welcome to the worst day of my life.”
Families at the Sago Baptist Church went from supreme jubilation to outrage when they learned the dozen survivors were whittled down to just one man alive.
John Groves, whose brother Jerry Groves was among those trapped, said chaos and fighting broke out inside the church.
The sole survivor is identified as Randal McCloy, Jr., 27, who was listed in critical condition at St. Joseph’s Hospital before being tansported to a Level-One trauma center in Morgantown, W.Va.
“We have one miracle. We’re very happy about that miracle,” said Gov. Joe Manchin. “We had prayed for 13 miracles. … This has been an emotional rollercoaster for everyone involved.”
The 13 miners had been trapped 260 feet below ground for some 41 hours since the Monday morning explosion, and euphoria broke out when it was originally thought that 12 of the 13 miners had been found alive.
Church bells rang from atop the Sago Baptist Church where friends and relatives had gathered, punctuated by jubilant shouts, songs and screams of “They’re alive!”
The sheer jubilation was dampened only by the known death of one miner, identified as 50-year-old Terry Helms, the miner crew’s “fire boss.”
But some 20 minutes after the cries of miracle were going out, officials became aware the rescue team was stating that 12 explosion victims had been discovered dead, not alive.
“Why in God’s name did they wait three hours to tell family members?” asked CNN reporter Anderson Cooper. “I’m at a complete loss for words.”