Archive for February 5th, 2007

Colt’s Coach Proud to be a Christian

Monday, February 5th, 2007

The media has placed such emphasis on the fact that the coaches of both teams who competed in the Super Bowl are black. The fact that they are both black is unprecedented, but these coaches are more proud of being Christians than they are of being black. It was wonderful to hear them both give God the glory for their success in life.

Super Bowl XLI had been hyped as a major social milestone in U.S. history, since for the time, the head coaches of both teams were black.

But when the game was over and the Indianapolis Colts had defeated the Chicago Bears 29-17, the winning coach said Jesus Christ was more important than any racial moment.

During the nationally televised post-game show on CBS, coach Tony Dungy was asked specifically about the “social significance.”

Jim Nantz of CBS Sports: This is one of those moments, Tony, where there is also social significance in this victory, and to have your hands on the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Tell me what this means to you right now.
Tony Dungy: I’ll tell you what. I’m proud to be representing African-American coaches, to be the first African-American to win this. It means an awful lot to our country. But again, more than anything, I’ve said it before, Lovie Smith and I, not only the first two African-Americans, but Christian coaches showing that you can win doing it the Lord’s way. And we’re more proud of that.

Original Link

(UK) Security Forces ‘Foil Terror Plot Every Six Weeks’

Monday, February 5th, 2007

But wait, according to the Islamic apologists, there isn’t any problem with radical Islam in the UK. Well, I guess that is a true statement though. There isn’t anything wrong with radical Islam. It appears to be very healthy and flourishing in the UK these days.
So every six weeks, there is a plot to hideously kill and injure massive numbers of innocent British civilians, but of course there’s “no problem”. Yeah Right!! Wake up, people!!

Twice as many Islamist terror plots have been disrupted since the July 7 suicide bombings as has previously been made public, Britain’s security services insist.

A further six plots, which have been kept secret until now for security reasons, had been planned by groups across Britain since the London Underground and bus bombings in 2005.

Whitehall sources refused to provide precise details on security grounds.

The revelation demonstrates the scale of the task facing MI5 and the police, who are now discovering or disrupting some kind of terrorist plot in the United Kingdom every six weeks. Up to 12 plots of all kinds have been discovered in the past year and a half.

Dame Eliza Manningham-Buller, the director-general of MI5, revealed last November that there were an estimated 1,600 suspected terrorist involved in at least 200 networks in Britain.

It is understood that details of the previously undisclosed plots have been kept secret because no arrests were made and many of those involved assumed that their plans had “ground to a halt” for “natural reasons”, such as a failure to acquire specific material. A Whitehall source said: “It has always been the case that much of MI5’s work is never made public and this is an example of that.”

Details of the plots emerged just days after MI5 and anti-terrorist detectives from the West Midlands Police foiled an alleged plan to kidnap a British soldier.

Nine suspects were arrested in the Birmingham area after a joint operation involving police and MI5 officers that brought a six-month investigation to its climax. Some of those arrested are alleged to have been planning to abduct and behead a young British Muslim soldier recently returned from Afghanistan. It is also alleged that his would-be murderers planned to post a video recording of his death on the internet.

Police said 18 addresses had been raided during Operation Gamble, the investigation into the alleged abduction plot, and that a “significant quantity” of exhibits had been taken away for examination.

Detectives are continuing to question the nine men arrested. Eight of the suspects were picked up in a series of dawn raids on Wednesday; the ninth was stopped on a motorway in the city several hours later. The nine suspects, eight British men of Pakistani descent and one Pakistani, have been detained on suspicion of the commission, instigation or preparation of acts of terrorism.

Officials investigating the alleged abduction have criticised some media coverage of the case, which claimed that a number of soldiers had volunteered to act as “tethered goats” in an effort to expose the alleged Islamist plotters and that there were “25 Muslim soldiers” on a terrorist hit list. Both claims have been dismissed by security sources.

The alleged abduction presents the Ministry of Defence with a series of problems on what personal security advice should be issued to the 350 Muslim servicemen and women in the Armed Forces. During the conflict in Northern Ireland all military personnel were warned of the potential dangers when off-duty. Troops were told to check private vehicles for booby traps, to vary their routes to and from work and, in some cases, not to wear uniform outside military establishments.

The Ministry of Defence has refused to comment on whether such measures would be revived following the latest developments.

It has also emerged that as many as four of those in custody are believed to have recently returned from a trip to Pakistan, giving rise to the belief that the plot may have been ordered by al-Qaeda, the terrorist network headed by Osama bin Laden.

Pakistani officials have given warning that with up to 400,000 Britons travelling to their country every year, the majority of those to visit family and friends, the monitoring of every terrorist suspect is impossible. British-born terrorist recruits, using valid passports, can easily pass through security checkpoints when they enter Pakistan. Because most travellers have family links, few are questioned.

Once inside the country they are free to travel to the belt of territory along the border with Afghanistan, where hardline Muslim clerics preach the need for jihad against the West at some of the more radical madrassas, or Islamic schools. They also find it straightforward to attend one of the al-Qaeda terrorist training camps known to operate in the region.

Original Link.

Palestinians: We Don’t Deserve a State

Monday, February 5th, 2007

I like what Charles Johnson, over at Little Green Footballs, said in response to Hafez Barghouti, editor of the PA-funded daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadeeda, comment of “Tens of millions of people now look at us as worthless gangsters with no values”:

Only now look at you as worthless gangsters? I guess we were supposed to think you were noble freedom fighters while you were only murdering Jewish women and children, or when you danced for joy on 9/11.

What’s happening now is showing the true nature of the death cult society the Palestinians have built for decades, indoctrinating their children to a life of murder, destruction, and genocide. With the security barrier, and determined action against the terror gangs, Israel has made it too difficult for them to murder helpless people in restaurants, buses, and markets. So they’re turning on each other like cornered rats.

The sympathy meter is reading exactly zero, now that the bill is coming due for their deal with the devil.

Below, you will read, straight from their own mouths, the truth about the failed ploy to shove a made up people, called “Palestinians” down the world’s throat. All they were from the very beginning, was “cannon fodder” for the Arab world; a way for the Arabs to destroy Israel without getting their hands dirty.
The people who have occupied the Israeli lands of Gaza and the “West Bank”, should be very angry. They should be angry at the Arab world that could have welcomed them into their lands years ago and allowed them to make a good life for their families for generations to come, instead of labeling them as “refugees” and making them live in squalor just for the purpose of killing Israelis. They should be angry at their “leadership” for allowing themselves to be duped by the Arab countries for so many years.
But, as Charles Johnson said above, they are reaping what they sowed by “indoctrinating their children to a life of murder, destruction, and genocide”.
Of course the “palestinians” won’t get mad at their leadership and the Arab countries that sold them out so many years ago. They’ll get mad at Israel. Why? Because they are ignorant (and I use this term not as an insult, but as a term of fact), and hating Israel is the only thing they know.

As the fighting between Fatah and Hamas continues in the Gaza Strip, many residents here said Saturday that they were concerned that the international community would turn its back on the Palestinians.

Although the street battles remain restricted to the Gaza Strip, tensions are mounting in the West Bank between supporters of the two parties, particularly in the aftermath of the abduction of several Hamas figures by Fatah gunmen over the past few days.

Many Hamas leaders in the West Bank, where Fatah remains the stronger party, are said to have gone underground for fear of being targeted by members of Fatah’s armed wing, the Aksa Martyrs Brigades.

On Friday, the group issued a warning to all Hamas leaders in the West Bank to condemn the fighting in the Gaza Strip or face retaliatory measures.

On Saturday, a number of Hamas figures in the West Bank came under attack by Fatah gunmen. In Kalkilya, the gunmen opened fire at the home of the city’s Hamas mayor, Wajih Kawwas. No one was hurt. In Nablus, three Hamas members were kidnapped and the offices of the movement’s legislators were set on fire.

Fayez Abu Rawdah, a senior Hamas official in Ramallah, was kidnapped for four hours on Friday night. His Fatah captors released him after handing him a letter addressed to the Hamas leadership in the Gaza Strip. The letter contained a threat to kill all Hamas leaders in the West Bank.

“Everyone here is disgusted by what’s happening in the Gaza Strip,” said Shireen Atiyeh, a 30-year-old mother of three working in one of the Palestinian Authority ministries. “We are telling the world that we don’t deserve a state because we are murdering each other and destroying our universities, colleges, mosques and hospitals. Today I’m ashamed to say that I’m a Palestinian.”

Ayman Abu Khalaf, a 40-year-old businessman, said he was seriously considering moving with his family to Jordan because of the growing state of anarchy and lawlessness in the PA territories.

“The situation is very dangerous and many people are afraid to leave their homes,” he said. “I’m very worried about the safety of my children. There are many armed gangs and everyone is afraid. If the situation does not improve, I will take my family and go to Jordan. This is not the Palestine we want to live in.”

Hafez Barghouti, editor of the PA-funded daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadeeda, said he was concerned that the fighting would tarnish the image of the Palestinians. “Tens of millions of people now look at us as worthless gangsters with no values,” he complained.

Addressing both Hamas and Fatah, he added: “Take Gaza and turn it into a state of the Muslim Brotherhood. Take the West Bank and establish a state of your own there with all the Abu’s. Your people no longer want a state. We no longer like our killers and executioners.”

Columnist Mahmoud Habbash also acknowledged that the fighting had caused grave damage to the Palestinians on the international arena. The internal fighting, he said, has distorted the image of the Palestinians in the eyes of the world.

“The world is watching how the Palestinians are destroying their institutions and achievements with their own hands. They see how we are mercilessly slaughtering innocent people. We are losing the sympathy of the world. I’m afraid the world will now view us differently.”

Reflecting the gloomy mood on the Palestinian street, political analyst Ikrimah Thabet said: “There is no reason for optimism. This is a real conflict stemming from two contradictory programs and political and ideological discord. The divisions are so deep that no temporary cease-fire will help. The bloody events have caused enormous damage to the reputation of the Palestinians, especially in light of the filthy and painful violence that has claimed the lives of children, activists, leaders and innocent civilians.”

Original Link.

NFL’s lawyers sack church’s game plan

Monday, February 5th, 2007

The thousands of churches across the country that want to host Super Bowl parties Sunday night had better not pull out big-screen TVs, or they could face the wrath of NFL attorneys.

The NFL is telling Fall Creek Baptist Church in Indianapolis that the church’s plans to use a wall projector to show the game at a party for church members and guests would violate copyright laws.

NFL officials spotted a promotion of Fall Creek’s “Super Bowl Bash” on the church Web site last week and sent pastor John D. Newland a letter — via FedEx overnight — demanding the party be canceled.

Initially, the league objected to the church’s plan to charge party goers a fee to attend and that the church used the license-protected words “Super Bowl” in its promotions.

Newland told the NFL his church would not charge party goers — the fee had been intended only to pay for snacks — and that it would drop the use of the forbidden words.

But the NFL wouldn’t bite. It objected to the church’s plans to use a projector to show the game on what effectively was a 12-foot-wide screen. It said the law limits the church to one TV no bigger than 55 inches. The league even took exception to the church’s plan to influence nonmembers with a video highlighting the Christian testimonies of Colts coach Tony Dungy and Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith.

“While this may be a noble message,” NFL assistant counsel Rachel L. Margolies wrote in a follow-up e-mail, “we are consistent in refusing the use of our game broadcasts in connection with events that promote a message, no matter the content.”

Given all the NFL’s concerns, the church appears unlikely to host a Super Bowl party.

“The Colts and Tony Dungy are such good people — and (team owner) Jim Irsay, too. We want to be supportive of our local team. I don’t want to make our people choose between coming to church and watching the game. It is such a big event,” Newland said.
“For us to have all our congregation huddled around a TV that is big enough only for 10 or 12 people to watch just makes little sense.”

Newland said he expected there are churches across the country that are planning similar Super Bowl watch parties using big screens.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league’s longstanding policy is to ban “mass out-of-home viewing” of the Super Bowl. A major exception to the rule is made, however, for sports bars and other businesses that show televised sports as a part of their everyday operations.

“We have contracts with our (TV) networks to provide free over-the-air television for people at home,” Aiello said. “The network economics are based on television ratings and at-home viewing. Out-of-home viewing is not measured by Nielsen.”
Newland said his church won’t break the law. But he sees a double standard at work when sports bars with giant screens can charge barstool rental fees and sell food, but his church can’t offer a free event for families.

“It just frustrates me that most of the places where crowds are going to gather to watch this game are going to be places that are filled with alcohol and other things that are inappropriate for children,” Newland said. “We tried to provide an alternative to that and were shut down.”

NFL PARTY RULES
For groups that want to host Super Bowl parties — other than sports bars and businesses that normally show televised sports — here are rules the NFL says must be followed:

• No admission fees (even to pay for snacks).

• Only one television (55 inches or smaller).

• No use of the words “Super Bowl” in promotional materials.

• No exhibition of the game in connection with events “that promote a message.”

Source: NFL

Original Link.